You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the the top thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is a great way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning have put together a few tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we have mentioned, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become big problems, and it can help ensure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a big difference on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting acclimated to the current temperature, try adjusting it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which drives up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning technician is over for your regular furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you decide if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without inhibiting your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 203-772-8319.