During the cold Derby months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it occurs, a simple call to Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning as soon as possible if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning at 203-772-8319 or schedule an appointment with us online.