Having regular air conditioning service performed at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Derby summertime, have the professionals at Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illicitly discharging it to the atmosphere.
- Check for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We advise taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning today at 203-772-8319.