As warmer weather rolls around, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Derby? Even if your air conditioning system is newer or was operating well last season.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never have to schedule any service for it, such as getting new oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can develop leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your unit examined seasonally by a Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning specialist can help find small issues before they lead to huge breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is located outside your home, it’s more vulnerable to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly decrease your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a pro to maintain intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that collect inside your system can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling expenses and in the long-term, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps determine little problems before they turn into large, costly issues. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely look at components and carry out a set of air conditioning performance tests. These detailed processes often allow us to find issues before they turn into big issues that lead to a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your unit is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is prepped to provide worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your unit is open to premature failure and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A quality AC service should involve a check and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent locations and pieces:
- Full unit order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning
Now is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning pros a call at 203-772-8319 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your home, be sure to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your next tune-up.