As warmer weather rolls around, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Derby? Even if your AC system is recently installed or was running good last year.
Here’s one method to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioner. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your system checked annually by a Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning expert can help spot small issues before they become large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can create higher energy consumption—and a more expensive utility bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and over the years, since you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps determine little issues before they turn into big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will closely examine pieces and complete a series of cooling performance tests. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify problems before they turn into extensive issues that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free operation throughout the summer. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is ready to provide worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your system is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC tune-up should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent spots and parts:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the services we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today with Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning
This week is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning pros a shout at 203-772-8319 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your house, be sure to look at our discount offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.