Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Derby during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, go back to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Giordanos Heating and Air Conditioning at 203-772-8319 and we’ll return your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.